Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Care Financial Analyst (Whole Person Care)
at Heluna Health
Salary: $31.61 per hour.
Whole Person Care (WPC) is a pilot program funded by the Medi-Cal waiver and County contribution with a total budget of $1.26 billion for five years. Through its programs, WPC provides comprehensive and coordinated health and social services to the sickest and most marginalized Medi-Cal beneficiaries in LA County, who are homeless, justice-involved, have a history of behavioral disorder, substance use disorder, and/or medically complex issues.
The Health Care Financial Analyst will assist the Finance Manager in planning, managing and performing various fiscal related services and activities for implementing, monitoring and reporting the financial performance of the Whole Person Care (WPC) Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzes reimbursement requirements to determine if claims to the State conform to the applicable rules and regulations and result in maximum revenue collection.
- Analyzes costs and develops rates for contractual agreements with County and non-County providers.
- Analyzes program performance data and conducts cost allocation studies.
Identifies operational problems, develops solutions and makes recommendations to resolve issues.
- Assists in the coordination of a wide range of accounting functions for each of the 16 WPC programs, including encumbrances, payments, accruals, billings, expenditure distributions and journal transfers, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of transactions and accounting data.
- Reviews and validates billings and payment requests submitted by vendors to ensure compliance with County’s contract terms and eligible for WPC reimbursement.
Produces monthly and yearly financial reports, budget schedules, accounting reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Monitors and analyzes expenditures for estimates and forecasts.
- Prepares work papers, schedules, statistical summaries, and special reports as supporting documentation for State and County audits.
- Prepares Inter-governmental transfer (IGT) schedules and wire transfers of funds to the State.
- Prepares year-end revenue and Other Charges-IGT accrual transactions.
- Processes transfers of revenues and reallocation of expenditures to other County departments.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Strong written and highly effective oral communication skills;
- Demonstrates experience working independently and in a team environment, and meeting the deadlines of assignments;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, good at multi-tasking;
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with other divisions, vendors, and outside agencies;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with a broad range of professional and technical staff, including the WPC program managers and other County department managers.
- Completion of accounting courses in an accredited college equivalent to 21 semester units or 32 quarter units including at least two courses in advanced accounting subjects.
- Two years of accounting or auditing experience equivalent to the level of Los Angeles County's class of Accountant II, with one year involving in budget, cost accounting, or financial analytical work.
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Successful clearance of the Live Scan process through Los Angeles County.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Access.
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5 hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.