Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Epidemiology Analyst, Acute Communicable Disease Control
at Heluna Health
The Epidemiology Analyst will be responsible for ensuring all activities related to the Legionnaires Surveillance Project are implemented to achieve the overarching objectives. The Epidemiologist Analyst will proactively engage with skilled-nursing facilities (SNFs) to educate them about Legionnaires disease and about the importance of having a Legionella water management plan. The Epidemiology Analyst will also assist with implementing enhanced Legionella surveillance at SNFs and conducing epidemiologic analysis of LA County Legionella surveillance data.
Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
The duties of the Epidemiology Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain training to develop knowledge and expertise on Legionella microbiology, clinical manifestations, testing and diagnosis, and prevention and control
- Develop a training presentation that educates SNFs staff on prevention of Legionella
- Contact and travel to SNFs to arrange a time to provide the Legionella training presentation
- Travel to at least 50 SNFs to provide training
- Regularly contact SNFs that received Legionella training to ensure that facility residents with pneumonia are getting tested for Legionella
- Maintain specialized knowledge and serve as a Legionella subject matter expert
- Assist with Legionella outbreak investigations and provide consultation to SNFs
- Prepare a report summarizing the epidemiology of Legionella in LA county
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college with specialization in epidemiology, infectious diseases or equivalent
- Experience in designing, conducting, evaluating, and interpreting epidemiological studies or investigations
- Knowledge in communicable disease surveillance and control, including interpretation and evaluation of laboratory test results and statistical data
- Experience preparing and delivering educational presentations on scientific/medical topics to a variety of different audiences.
- A valid Class C California Driver's License, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or ability to secure timely transportation for off-site travel to various community sites throughout Los Angeles County
- Successfully clear the Live Scan process through LA County
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5 hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.