ProLogistix Search Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ProLogistix Search Group
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of all materials shipped from the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the shipping team and ensure that the daily shipping schedule is executed successfully.
- Schedule all carriers based on routing schedule provided by the appropriate reports in the ERP system.
- Communicate with ISR’s , Scheduling and Plant personal in case of potential problems or failures to ship product on time.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in the decision making process for low weight shipment routing changes.
- Assist Clerk’s with the removal of production orders and goods receipt slips from the material skid.
- Verify weight, quantities, and customer on the production order is equal to the information on the skid.
- Identify all improper packaged materials and have them corrected.
- Assist clerk with data entry if needed.
- Place packing slips and certifications onto the appropriate skid.
- Verify skid count prior to shipment.
- Verify that all Bills of Lading are closed properly.
- Troubleshoot problem shipments.
- E-Mail Bol’s and Proforma invoices when required.
- Verify that all shipping documents are filed daily.
- Cross train in other areas.
- Assist other operators to ensure timely shipment of product.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned work areas including equipment, tools, and work surfaces.
- Use Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies to improve the process.
- All employees will be required to participate in training and continuous improvement events.
- Ability to work within a company registered/compliant to National and International Standards and Requirements, and contribute to those standards and requirements. For example: ISO, EICC, OSHA, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift certification required.
- ISO 9001
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience working with SAP.
- 2-year degree and/or technical school preferred.
- Word, Excel and Power point experience.
- Previous experience with data entry in a fast paced environment.
- Prior shipping experience desired