PennyMac Loan Services, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Database Engineer
at PennyMac Loan Services, LLC
- Requisition ID
- US-CA-Agoura Hills
- Position Type
- Years of Experience
As a senior developer in the data-warehouse team, this role will be responsible for design, development, testing, and implementation of a set enterprise level data warehouse systems and solutions. This directly involves talking to users in gathering requirements and understanding various internal/external dependencies that are very dynamic in nature and also requires leadership across the full Systems Development Lifecycle as well as expertise in Data Warehousing architecture data modeling and coding. The focus on Data Warehouse architecture will run in conjunction with continued delivery of new data, functions, and reporting to the business. Responsibilities also include technical leadership and effective communication.
- Design, develop and maintain relational and dimensional databases supporting the data warehouse and data marts.
- Create and entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries and mapping documents.
- Utilize advanced transact-SQL, including stored procedures, ETL and OLAP tools to implement solutions.
- Supporting implemented solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Actively participate in requirements derivation.
- Perform code inspections and re-factor code to meet standards.
- Work with development teams when required in order to develop and implement interfaces and business components in high level programming languages.
- Participate in data model reviews, walkthroughs, application and module performance analysis.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Experience in developing OLAP cubes and data visualization technologies.
- 2+ years in scripting languages such as perl, python, powershell or programming languages such as C# or Java.
- Ability to perform routine DBA tasks including setting up access policy, data migrations, ETL operations, troubleshooting, and performance optimization
- Programming experience with emphasis on designing complex SQL queries and business components.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management