Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Patricio Enterprises
POSITION: Environmental Technician
LOCATION: Port Hueneme, CA
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
DESCRIPTION: The Environmental Technician shall provide support to the building environment with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of NSWC PHD. The Environmental Technician shall provide support across all NSWC PHD functions/lines of business, including: environment, health, and safety; building maintenance and material management; cleaning; building operations; continuity planning; and space allocation and changes. The Environmental Technician as required, provide support through sharing of subject matter expertise in the development of procedures and design of systems to protect people from illness and injury and property from damage.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Collecting samples of soil, groundwater, or atmospheric samples to determine if pollutants are present.
- Performs environmental compliance audits.
- Collects, tracks and arranges disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with state and federal requirements. Physically handle waste.
- Familiar with a variety of environmental concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Environmental Compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental and safety regulations through training employees and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Prepare annual reports with regards to Hazardous Material and Hazardous Waste.
- Generates monthly revenue reports and ensures line items are recorded accurately.
- Records, files and maintains inventory records.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience with Environmental procedures/protocol and Hazardous Waste handling. Must have current Department of Transportation, RCRA and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certifications.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.