Paramount Pictures Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Legal Affairs
at Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Paramount Pictures
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television, Paramount Players, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
Paramount Pictures is seeking a Vice President for our Legal Affairs department. The Motion Picture Legal Department runs all legal aspects of theatrical motion picture and other feature-length productions, including the drafting and negotiation of talent agreements and contracts relating to development and production. The Vice President, Legal Affairs will be responsible for handling all talent agreements and other related contracts associated with assigned features.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Draft and negotiate rights, writer, director, producer and other talent agreements
- Provide legal advice during development and production to in-house groups and outside production personnel
- Work closely with other production attorneys as well as attorneys specializing in below-the-line contracts, including location and vendor agreements
- Balance complicated chain of title matters to insure underlying rights of all projects are clear
- Advise on copyright and trademark issues
- Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional agreements, including purchase/sale agreements, joint venture agreements, and related commercial agreements
- Minimum of 10 years experience at a major law firm or motion picture studio, preferably both
- Able to work reciprocally, and exercise sound judgment
- JD degree from a premier law school
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Significant and direct experience supervising all legal aspects of a theatrical motion picture production at a major or mini-major motion picture studio
- Ability to work effectively, enthusiastically, independently and expertly under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to seek matters outside of areas of expertise