Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacifica Hotels
Pacifica Hotel Company has a proud history of managing high-quality properties in prime coastal locations and has been consistently listed in the top 10 Hotel Management Companies in the United States by Hotel Business magazine. In addition, six of its hotels were listed in the Top Performers List by Lodging Hospitality Magazine.
We are seeking a degreed Accountant II to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Prepares financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Support implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial preparation.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; reconciling accounts.
- Maintains and reconcile all bank and balance sheet accounts.
- Ensures compliance with and timely preparation of all required local and state taxes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Serves as point of contact for property level personnel for accounting subject matters.
- Occasionally travels to properties to support and train on-site personnel.
- Schedules and attends city and state tax audits; compiles all requested financial information.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of Accounting experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite.