Pacific Premier Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Relationship Manager - C&I
at Pacific Premier Bank
The Relationship Manager is responsible for creating, developing, and managing C&I relationships. The incumbent in this position will provide intermediate level advice and education to customers on opportunities to utilize the Bank’s deposit and loan products and services to enhance their financial operations.
• Through an organized and consultative approach, develops new depository and loan customer relationships with prospective clients that includes telephonic, face-to-face visits and written communication to introduce the Bank’s products and services.
• Participates in community events and tradeshows to promote the Bank’s available services and financial products.
• Meets with centers of influence, business brokers, CPAs, attorneys, real estate agents, business owners, senior executives and others to evaluate and analyze their financial and business needs, and to provide expert advice to prospective clients about the advantages and disadvantages of certain financial products and services offered by Pacific Premier Bank in light of those particular needs. This includes developing a clear understanding of current and potential customers and their business strategies, loan purpose, risk assessments and mitigation of risk, indicated repayment sources through financial statements and asset evaluation.
• Communicates and collaborates with internal stakeholders and departments, as required, to help achieve customer goals and to address customer needs.
• Makes independent threshold determinations regarding the creditworthiness of prospective clients. This includes assessing independently the risks of proposed and existing loans based on multiple considerations, including the nature of the customers’ business, their financial history, whether there is sufficient collateral, future earnings potential, the total Bank obligation involved, expected cash flow and other factors as determined by the relationship manager to be pertinent. This includes reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting financial statements, accounting papers, income tax returns, Bank policies and governmental regulations. This also includes modeling the financial effects of various debt-restructuring scenarios and producing financial projections.
• Uses discretion to require customers to submit additional information, as needed.
• Actively manages and maintains, on an ongoing basis, existing clients by independently monitoring the financial condition and business aspects of a group of customers and independently responds to clients’ daily and long term banking needs with minimal oversight. This includes managing customer relationships through the Bank’s CRM system to ensure customers are receiving the care and service that meets their expectations.
• Discusses and evaluates current business requirements to anticipate additional customer needs or concerns.
• Follows up on credit line and other expirations and renewals on a regular basis, as appropriate.
• Develops individual marketing strategies and approaches to execute plans for promoting the Bank’s financial products. Leverages existing customer relationships to solicit and prospect for new banking relationships.
• Specializes in particular industries in order to gain a deeper knowledge of client needs and challenges, and thereby serve as a more effective consultant and advisor in such areas as unique financing needs, challenges and opportunities that demand specialized knowledge and experience.
• Scrutinizes customer and potential customer information provided for evidence of irregularities, discrepancies and fraud.
• Effectively negotiates credit pricing, terms and conditions with the managers or officers of small to middle market companies.
• Negotiates the terms of credit agreements, including financial covenants and reporting, sufficiently to protect the Bank from excessive credit risk.
• Makes site visits to prospective or existing clients’ offices to examine collateral for new or existing loans or other assessments as needed.
• Supports Bank compliance efforts by completing pertinent courses.
• Maintains expertise regarding the trends in banking products, various delivery channels, and regulatory, operational and compliance issues by reading appropriate information sources and attending relevant workshops and presentations.
• Facilitates the creation of necessary documentation to open, close and renew all types of loans and accounts, including, but not limited to, consumer and commercial savings accounts, certificates of deposit and checking accounts, and ensures quick and accurate execution of customer requests.
• Obtains necessary information for preliminary underwriting purposes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
• 5 years of financial commercial credit or lending experience preferred.