Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Clerk - Temporary
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- People Services
- Location : External Name
- National Support Center
Under direction from the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Services Representative I will support payroll for an assigned group of offices or regions. This individual will monitor all the tasks necessary to accomplish payroll processing objectives for their office or region and will require an extremely detail orientated person with knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. The Payroll Services Representative I will be dedicated to provide accurate and timely processing of payroll, with problem resolution as needed, and possess a strong customer service orientation.
This position is a temporary assignment, projected to last 3 months long.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function at a high degree of proficient execution with little or no accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Compile, track and enter payroll data into the payroll system such as: hours worked, vacation, personal and holiday hours, taxes and union dues to be withheld.
- Follow established procedures to accurately process semi-monthly payroll for their assigned offices or regions.
- Process child support, wage garnishments and terminations.
- Review wages computed, audit timekeeping records and correct any errors to always ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Audit new hires on payroll master records for multi-state companies.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments, rate changes, address changes and direct deposit.
- Support the employee maintenance in the system, including compensation updates and employee status changes and other changes as needed.
- Resolve payroll questions and issues from the region or national support staff by collecting and analyzing information and works with the appropriate channels to resolve timely and accurately.
- Prepare and issue any manual checks as necessary.
- Interact with co-workers and employees on issues and questions concerning payroll related topics.
- Runs audit reports to verify data accuracy.
- 1-3 years of processing Payroll in a multi-state, multi-location environment.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience in UltiPro Payroll software or similar systems experience.
- Fundamental Payroll Professional (FPP) helpful, but not required.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.