Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ocean Import Export Operations Coordinator
at Ottimo Resources
Ocean Import/Export Logistics Coordinator
We are currently seeking an Ocean Import/Export Logistics Coordinator with the opportunity for development in international logistics to join our team of professionals in El Segundo, CA. The Ocean Coordinator will be responsible for arranging international shipments of high value specialty vehicles to numerous destinations while excelling at meeting customer expectations. The qualified candidate will be an energetic person, ready to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and will have assignments that can be moderately complex in nature.
- Coordinate and book vehicles to ocean vessels as per customer guidelines and country requirements to numerous international destinations.
- Ensure vehicles have met mandatory customer / country procedures prior to shipment.
- Prepare and review documents (bill of lading, commercial invoice, country specific documents, US customs, etc.) for accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries regarding status of documents and work with vendors to ensure on time delivery of documents.
- Coordinate and fulfill compliance of governmental regulations (AES, US Customs, country specific requirements, etc.).
- Provide support to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of vehicle shipments.
- Prepare price quotations on outbound ocean freight both container and RoRo.
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to port of export and from the port of import to final destination.
- Effectively communicate problems / delays to appropriate parties and pro-actively identify issues.
- Answer all e-mails / phone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communicate instructions to/from vendors and agents.
- Assist in researching and resolving operations issues/problems that may occur.
- Prepare files for billing.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Some overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills (customers, vendors, suppliers)
- Attention to detail and effective working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking capabilities.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- 2 years’ experience in ocean export (container and RoRo)
- IMDG certified
- Knowledge of ATA Carnets
- Experience working with AS400 system
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a fast-paced, deadline orientation work environment: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills: 2 years