Old Dominion Freight Line
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dockworker Part Time
at Old Dominion Freight Line
- Requisition ID
- ORC - ORANGE - CA
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently looking for a Dockworker to join our OD Family Culture. Our Dockworkers successfully load and unload freight throughout the shift using a forklift or manually in a safe, efficient manner. Will perform work associated with warehousing, material handling, and other related duties as assigned. Would have flexible scheduling availability to include third shift, evening, weekend, and some holidays. Dockworkers are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver our customer’s freight and help keep our promises.
- Load and unload freight on trailers using a motorized forklift, pallet jack or manually in compliance with state and federal DOT guidelines. Use various loading techniques, such as loading tight or cross loading.
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center in a forklift on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Utilize Dock Yard Management System to consistently monitor freight shipment locations throughout the service center.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
- Hand load, rewrap or stack freight as necessary.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- Able to complete company and governmental forms and comprehend written company policies and governmental regulations.
- Ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when needed.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).