Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donor Screening Supervisor
at Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Donor Screening Supervisor
Santa Fe Springs
If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you’ve come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further processing.
- Maintains donor flow while adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Remains professional at all times in a fast-paced environment
- Contributes to formulating area schedules to best accommodate production levels and donor arrival patterns
- Reallocates area resources to alleviate process flow issues to minimize the donors’ time in the center
- Participates in employee interviews, evaluations, coaching, and disciplinary processes in the presence of center management
- Oversees all donor screening personnel by delegating and coordinating staff activities to increase efficiency.
- Performs performance reviews of donor floor staff and provides effective feedback regarding performance.
- Train and provide leadership to new/existing employees.
- Manages break schedules and facilitates minor to moderate donor complaint resolution and directs to Center Management as appropriate.
- Reports quality issues and procedural deviations to Quality Assurance and Management.
- Performs donor medical screening to determine suitability of donor to include reviewing health related documents and taking vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
- Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings.
- Performs clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record files and inputting information into the donor management computer software.
- Performs cashier duties related to payment of donor fees.
- Performs all required quality controls and legibly records the results on the appropriate logs and into the donor management computer software.
- Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment, and company policies in a prompt, professional manner.
- Ensures all donation information is complete, accurate, and legible prior to donation.
- Follows all OSHA requirements and company personnel policies.
- Remains alert for any adverse donor reactions and notifies appropriate staff.
- Maintains confidentiality with all specific donor issues and record keeping activities.
- Stocks and maintains an orderly work area with sufficient supplies to meet production demands.
- Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
- Cleans any blood or plasma spills and performs proper procedure for disposition of biohazardous waste.
- Educates new donors on the use of products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the process, the tests performed, the appointment system, fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor.Ensures that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately, and professionally.
- May be responsible for changing supply lot numbers.
- May track and record data for specialty plasma programs.
- Reviews donor reclassification requirements and resolves donor classification issues.
- Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to appropriate SOPs.
- Performs other job related tasks as assigned.
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.