Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Looking to grow your career as a Senior Quality Assurance Manager in a fun team environment?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader. At Oakwood, we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Assurance Manager. This position is responsible for the overall strategy and execution of all facets of testing and software quality assurance across multiple areas of the software development lifecycle. This individual will be responsible to ensure modern software quality assurance best practices are implemented, executed, communicated and documented resulting in high quality software releases. To that extent, the Manager will provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members, ensuring the success of the team's manual and automation efforts. This individual will also need to establish ongoing relationships and interactions with the business unit stakeholders along with the various IT groups including project management, application development, data management, and information security and infrastructure.
This position will office out our Corporate Office in West Los Angeles initially and will move to Long Beach, CA in the summer of 2019.
QA – Software – Leadership – SDLC – SQL – Strategy
What’s in it for you?
Our employees enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Key Features of your Day
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution across various development initiatives and methodologies.
- Direct the QA team and provide technical vision and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance, Testing and Automation.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, techniques and automation.
- Build and maintain quality standards as well as enforce technical and testing standards.
- Establish and track software quality along with team efficiency metrics and implement steps to address identified areas of improvement.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools for functional, performance, automation, etc. to gain maximum benefit of the QA effort.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA team.
Best Candidates will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years' Quality Assurance experience in testing small and large scale projects,
Minimum of 2 years in a IT / QA leadership role.
- Leader with experience in implementing and shaping QA processes and strategies.
- Experience managing testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Vendor and SaaS testing coordination.
- Alignment of use cases and specifications with test cases.
- Build and maintain system test environments.
- Lead performance testing and report metrics to IT management.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain quality of delivery.
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
OAKWOOD® is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. OAKWOOD® does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.