Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Are you an experienced hospitality Buyer looking for a new opportunity with a global company?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader Oakwood Worldwide. At Oakwood we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood is looking for an experienced Buyer to join our team. The Buyer is responsible for the procurement and scheduling of products and services for multiple locations, while managing supplier performance based on key criteria.
This position will initially office out of our Huntington Beach Location. Our offices will be moving to Long Beach, CA Summer 2019
Hospitality– Purchasing –– Buyer – Multi-Unit
What’s in it for you?
Our Asset Managers enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Key Features of your Day?
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective supplier relationships and high levels of service to internal customers.
- Maintain product catalogs in Axapta, Oakwood’s procurement and inventory management system, including implementing new products, replacing discontinued products, and updating changes to existing products.
- Manage the Request for Quotation process, analyze vendor quotes for product and services, negotiates prices and terms with the suppliers; recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery capabilities.
- Responsible for vendor approvals and set up per the Procurement Manual criteria.
- Managing supplier performance by ensuring product quality, on-time delivery and market price competitiveness.
- Process purchase orders in Axapta for the Common Stock locations and Home Service Branches.
- Processes purchase orders in JDE on behalf of all business units on a centralized basis.
Best Candidates will Have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years purchasing experience
- 5 years of procurement experience in the Hospitality industry highly preferred
- CPM, CPSM or equivlaent preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge and application of purchasing fundamentals and technical skills including advanced negotiating, project management, organization and analytical skills, and an understanding of tier 1 distributor and tier 2 manufacturer relationships.
- Should be able to work independently, make good decisions, formulate and execute alternative plans.
- Must have the ability to analyze and solve complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with multiple locations, all levels of management and the supply base.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications and Axapta & JDE MRP Systems.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, character and integrity.
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
OAKWOOD® is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. OAKWOOD® does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.