Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Test Technician 3 - (Thermal)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Test Technician 3 - (Thermal) to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The Thermal Test Department is seeking an Test Technician 3 - (Thermal) with electronics and mechanical skill set to support thermal vacuum and cycle testing of complex flight and development hardware. Preferred candidate will be a self-starter able to work independently or in small teams using schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions to perform environmental testing setup and operations. Must be able to demonstrate machine operations as well as mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and repair. The ideal candidate has experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Typical Duties Include:
- Operation of thermal vacuum chambers and the associated equipment such as (not limited to): rough, cryo and turbo molecular pumps
- Monitor pressure with ION and convection gauges
- Utilize convection, conduction and radiative methods of heating and cooling energy transfer
- Install, fabricate and trouble shoot thermocouples
- Hook up basic electrical circuits as related to heaters used in thermal vacuum chambers
- Perform helium leak detection and basic plumbing
- Setup and operate QCM and/or RGA contamination monitoring equipment in vacuum chambers
- Work safely with liquid nitrogen and gaseous nitrogen
- Operate cranes, forklifts and other various lift equipment
- Utilize computers and software used for data acquisition and test heater control
- Program and operate temperature process controllers (set point, ramp rate, high and low limits)
- Basic Electronic skills (AC/DC/resistance measurements)
- Work in high bays and cleanrooms
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D)plus 4 years of technician experience Experience working on space flight hardware or thermal vacuum testing Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance.
Ability to operate machinery involved in thermal testing
- Ability to work night shifts, off hours and weekends
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing upto 50 pounds
- Experience in thermal vacuum testing or applicable flight hardware test experience
- Experience with LabView and data acquisition systems
- Experience working in a clean room facility
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.