Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal – Spacecraft Operations IPT Lead
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredibleopportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impactpeople's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our workpreserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a SystemsEngineer, Sr. Principal within Space Operations.
- Provide technical operations input to new business ofResidual Use special tests
- Provide operational input resulting in standup of theAnomaly Resolution Center
- Manage annual budget for planning, recruiting , andcoordination of 9 support personnel for Spacecraft on-orbit operationsengineering
- Schedule and track deliverable products identified oncontract
- Mentor junior engineers on on-orbit operation analysis: provideperformance reviews and growth, participate in new hire interviews
- Review Anomaly Reports and Memograms that are to bepresented to operations community
- Present Quad-charts for program staff and Cost AccountManagement meetings
- Present state-of-health briefings to all stakeholders
- Provide Air Force Satellite Control Network Ops expertiseto maintain command and telemetry capability
- Prepare and approve Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) documents
- Lead spacecraft portion of the anomaly resolution processfor on-orbit operations
- Facilitate root-cause investigation and coordinate inputfrom subsystem subject matter experts
- Facilitate Property management within the space programarea
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 9 years of experience in Systems Engineering OR
- Master's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7 years of experience in Systems Engineering OR
- PhD from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 4 years of experience in Systems Engineering
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government DoD security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.