Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Engineer Systems Test
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems has an opening for a Staff Engineer Systems Test to join ourteam of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be locatedin El Segundo, California.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an individual to lead the Test Planning &Requirements team across contract direct and commitments in a highly dynamicenvironment. Required experience in system requirements &verification, Model Based System Engineering, Integrated Test Planning, andproposals. Proficiency in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) andsubcontracts management. Selected candidate will be expected to establishand manage the technical baseline for the System Test Team /Integrated ProductTeam and drive horizontal integration across all teams within the System TestTeam and Integrated Product Team. Experience in leading customerengagements, working groups, etc.
- Bachelor's of Science in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline plus 14 years of engineering experience; OR a Master's of Science in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline plus 12 years of engineering experience.
Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 5 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with people management and technical management, including team building and hiring
- Requirements Verification experience, including experience with verification statements and verification planning
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience,
- A working understanding of CAMEO MBSE software
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVMS), cost management, schedule management
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition process and major Weapon Systems
- Experience with system certification planning
- Experience with interfacing with customers, including leading customer engagements, working groups, etc.
- Experience with technical writing
- Customer test site experience
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, software testing
- Understanding of DoDAF Architecture
- Strategic thinking and planning