Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology thatpreserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventivespirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancementsin our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, tostealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate withdevelopments from launching the first commercial flight to space, todiscovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not onlypart of history, they're making history.
TheEngineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries ofinnovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in varioussciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovativetechnologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product linesacross the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Comebe a part of our mission!
NorthropGrumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior PrincipalSystems Engineer based out of Manhattan Beach, CA.
What you'll get to do:
- Perform customer requirementselicitation leading to Requirements Development
- Lead/support system level tradestudies
- Definition of high-level functionaland performance requirements, subsequent analysis, decomposition, andderivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements tophysical and functional architectural elements, and track them through design,integration, and operational validation
- Support a team of engineers tocreate, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical chartsrepresentative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestonemeeting and demonstrate team readiness in relation to achieving the milestoneentrance and exit criteria
- Identify required contractualdeliverables and non-contractual documentation and drive corresponding updatesto closure
- Coordinate and collaborate withdiverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
- Support multiple engineeringinsertions simultaneously while ensuring the various maturations aresynchronized
- Lead/support development of big dataanalytics capability
Basic Qualifications for SeniorPrincipal Systems Engineer:
- 9years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEMdiscipline; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years ofrelevant experience with a PhD
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Proficiency in MS Office and Matlab
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Effectively communicate and presentto project and program management, other technical managers and customers
- Direct experience using the DOORSRequirements Management Database
- Familiarity with Model-Based SystemsEngineering languages (SysML/UML) and concepts
- Excellent technical writing and teambuilding skills
What We Can Offer You:
NorthropGrumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment thatencourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and ourcompany. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control tochoose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefitswill include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the bestemployees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees arereceptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughestcustomer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technicallysophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men ofNorthrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe ourcompany as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstratethese Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice createslong-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and thecommunities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, weare committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracingdiversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be anideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.