Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Thirty years ago, the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber took flight, raising the bar not only for aviation but for the future of global power projection. Today, Northrop Grumman continues to raise the bar, achieving world firsts and outpacing our competition. Our employees have unparalleled opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space, impacting people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We want the best and the brightest talent, such as yourself, to join us in that journey. Help us promote and protect the freedom of people and democracies across the globe. Make the impossible possible with your bold new ideas, courage and pioneering spirit. Advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe as we shape the future around a world of cognitive diversity and intellectual curiosity. If you are the kind of person that strives to be at the tip of the spear, driving the future of technology, and shaping the course of history, then consider joining Northrop Grumman.
But don't just come to Northrop Grumman for the impactful, meaningful work—come here because we value our employees and treat them like family. Come here because our employees enjoy an unmatched work-life balance. Come here because it isn't just a job—it's your career, and we want to help you take it to the next level.
Our Aerospace Systems Survivability Department is lookingfor Operations Analysis / Modeling and Simulation Engineers to help us shapethe future of the sector, the company, and our customers. We work inconjunction with Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (Northrop's strategy andbusiness development organization) to evaluate the performance of existing andcandidate system designs in representative operational environments. Our workinfluences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customerprogram offices. The Ops Analysis / Modeling and Simulation discipline itselfis a mesh of many other fields (e.g. Systems Engineering, AerospaceEngineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates acrossfunctional disciplines, offering a highly unique opportunity to obtain a broadunderstanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deepexpertise in any one of the relevant fields.
In this role, you will be asked to lead in a small teamenvironment to conduct research, develop models, and perform analysis of a widevariety of system types across multiple domains (friendly and adversary;ground, air and space) to drive the development of clean-sheet requirements,refine existing program system requirements, and influence the pursuit offuture technologies and capabilities. You will lead air vehicle and subsystemengineers, as well as guide program and customer leadership, to recommendcandidate designs, as to develop Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) and Tactics,Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) at the system, mission, and campaign levels.
Your responsibilities may include any or all of thefollowing:
- Lead system analysis, operations analysis and trade study activities to include military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force-level effectiveness analysis, and military utility analysis
- Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies
- Create and apply knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures to support blue/red kill chains across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms
- Provide blue/red tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects
- Develop and translate blue/red CONOPs and CONEMPs and related tactics into modeled simulation behaviors in mission-level models, such as AFSIM and Suppressor
- Perform mission engineering activities to ensure continuity between desired operational capabilities and delivered system performance, through the Systems Engineering “V”. Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are traded against cost and mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments
- Lead a diverse group of junior Operations Analysts from a variety of backgrounds. Translate strategic (corporate, sector, program) goals into discrete projects and tasks, guiding or steering the team toward successful deliverables and milestones. Share your knowledge and expertise with junior engineers to help them grow in their career
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with company leadership and government customers
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accrediteduniversity and 9 years of Systems Engineering experience in anaerospace/defense environment OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline from anABET accredited university and 7 years of Systems Engineering experience in anaerospace/defense environment OR a PhD Degree in a STEM discipline from an ABETaccredited university and 4 years of Systems Engineering experience in anaerospace/Defense environment
Extensive experience in at least one ofthe following areas:
- Modeling and Simulation of Radars, Missiles, IADS, Air and/or Space platforms
- Analysis at the Survivability, Lethality, Vulnerability, Engagement, and/or Mission Level
- Electronic Warfare
- Low Observables
- IR/EO/Acoustic Modeling/Analysis
- Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, Electronic Countermeasures
- Red and/or Blue CONOPs and TTPs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Proficiency in and/or technical understanding of survivability and operational analysis frameworks and models, including but not limited to: AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, STK, BRAWLER
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: MATLAB, Perl, Python, C# or C/C , FORTRAN, or other programming languages
- Experience with multi-fidelity MS&A tools for modeling and assessments, including ability to guide MS&A activities to model tactics and CONOPS for multi-fidelity assessments of platforms in a threat environment
- Expertise in US tactics, techniques, technologies, and procedures
- Experience with development, integration, and/or test of weapon systems and military architectures, platforms, and force packages across multiple domains
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle management interfaces
- Experience working directly with USG personnel at USG facilities
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, and CDR milestones
- Experience briefing analysis models, methodologies and results to senior leadership
- Technical leadership experience, translating stakeholder or customer requirements into executable project plans and managing to successful completion
- Experience with version control using Git, SVN, Atlassian, or other tools
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SC
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.