Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Principal Engineer Systems - IFF Lead
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Senior Principal IFF SE Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in either Palmdale, CA; Oklahoma City, OK; or Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The successful candidate will be a Systems Engineering and Integration Team (SEIT) Lead Systems Engineer on the B-2 IFF Program; responsible for working with an integrated product team (IPT) structure to perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Control Account Manager for all IFF SE efforts on the project.
• Technical conscience of the program as all the horizontal integration of all functions flow through the project SEIT Lead.
• Responsibilities include requirements, modeling, verification plans, approaches, sell off, and/or acquisition milestone criteria, for multiple Impact Evaluations (IEs), Software System Trouble Reports (SSTRs) and other associated efforts.
• Responsible for standing up, maintaining, and optimally using for requirement development and verification a full set of Modeling, Simulation, & Analysis (MS&A) tools for all functional threads to substantiate trade study, decision tree, pass/fail analyses.
• Familiar with fixed price and cost plus development / fixed price and cost plus integration, optimally steeped in the fixed price and cost plus mentality. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software and hardware specifications.
• Plans, organizes, and executes reviews to support the IFC and S/W Sustainment to include monthly S/W TIMs, SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR, IDR, and SVR.
• Responsible for coordinating and supporting the government organic team of engineers in SSTR/IE Assessments, resolutions, and integration into IFCs.
• Responsible for coordinating the support needed for government lead meetings including the Software Control Review Board (SCRB) and IFC planning meetings.
• A Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an accredited university. 9 years of experience with Bachelors of Science or 7 with Masters or 3 with PhD.
• An active Secret DoD clearance with Periodic Review or investigation within the last 6 years.
• Ability to obtain SAP/SAR access to programs
• Successful experience in planning, risk management, and/or project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality.
• Experience on a large system development-type contract.
• Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems.
• A Master's Degree in a STEM field.
• SAP/SAR access to program(s)
• 10 years' experience directly related to Survivability / Low Observables.
• Previous personnel management experience.
• Knowledge / experience of B-2 operational CONOPS
• Experience in B-2 upgrade or modification programs
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment
• Experience working with IFF Customer/Government counterparts.
• Experience in sustainment planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality
• Experience in managing sustainment programs, IEs, ETAs, setting & operating to objectives & providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives & company policy.
• Logistics/Sustainment experience in a military environment
• Experience in developing and managing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract.
• Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems, using SysML/UML and requirements management tools such as Rhapsody, and DOORS.
• An active Top Secret DoD clearance with Periodic Review or investigation within the last 6 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.