Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Princ Material Program Manager - Level 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Sr. Principal Material Program Manager is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills. This MPM position will support the Depot & Sustainment phase on AARGM Programs.
- Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Represent NGIS in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external).
- Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements.
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions.
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities.
- Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs.
- Experience with cost reimbursable subcontracts.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hours as necessary
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Strong Program and Budget Management skills.
- Bachelor's degree, and minimum 10 years' experience; or, Master's degree and minimum 8 years' experience.
- Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- In-depth working knowledge with FAR/DFAR
- Communicate Clearly and excel in a fast paced environment.
- Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs.
- Focal point and lead for program EAC's as it pertains to material.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract.
- Experience working on prior Depot/Sustainment Missile Programs.
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Lean and Six Sigma Training and/or Certification desired
- Active DoD clearance, Secret