Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Payloads Modeling Lead - Engineer 5
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This person develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models. Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems. Develops integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures. Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Leads analysis of space RF payload concepts and performance evaluation of payloads, including comparisons of payload and subsystem offerings from NGAS, NGMS, NGIS, our competitors and suppliers.
- Leads Development of and maintains models of RF and other types of space and airborne payloads. Trains SA&S engineers on use of models. Applies best practices to consolidate and provide payload models to emerging captures and new programs.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Provides link margins, network models, and other inputs to campaign level simulations.
- Understand and model key performance parameters for space RF and other types of communications payloads.
- Coordinates and collaborates with space and other division leads to support captures and mission concept studies.
- Understand capability to model RF payloads across the company, know and collaborate with other payload engineers and modeling leads across NG.
- Perform architecture analysis in support of new and emerging concepts, develop briefings and present results to executive leadership, stakeholders, and customers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with functions and business focus areas and division business development leads to perform engineering analysis in support of strategic pursuits and strategy development.
- Mentor and train new and junior engineers to translate physics and/or mathematics into computer algorithms, models, and simulations and perform mission analysis.
- Experience with multiple types of RF and Communications payloads with Space, Air and ground applications.
- Experience with AFSIM, XPatch, Simulink, computer software development (C#, C , Python).
- Ability to develop computer visualizations of physics/math models using a current programming language is preferred
- Proficiency in and/or technical understanding of Northrop Grumman and government operational analysis models is preferred.
- Ability to gain clearances for Special Access Programs.
- PhD in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.