Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering) with 5 years of experience designing composite and metallic primary and/or secondary Aerospace structures OR Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering) with 3 years of experience designing composite and/or metallic primary and secondary Aerospace structures.
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Engineering drawings and related Bill-of-Materials.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerance applications (GD&T).
- Experience with tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Experience working in an Aerospace design team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain SCI or DoD Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 or NX 10
- Experience working on Special Access Programs is preferred.
- Participation in multiple design cycles in spacecraft development programs is desirable.
- Current (in scope) DoD Secret and SCI clearances is preferred.
- Previous leadership of a spacecraft structural engineering team is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be skilled in use of the Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.