Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Logistics Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Logistics Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Logistics Engineer or Sr. Principal Logistics Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Participate in proposal development.
• Perform logistics engineering activities as a technical resource on programs during development, test, production, and post-production support phases.
• Perform logistics engineering analysis per requirements tailored for each program.
• Participate in the systems engineering process to influence design from inception throughout the product life cycle, focusing on maintainability, testability, availability, supportability and human factors/integration engineering.
• Responsible for activities that sustain the operation and maintenance of equipment and systems to ensure they are available to the customer.
• Develop and update technical manuals, user manuals and technical training courseware.
• Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
• Excellent communication and presentations skills.
• Perform Obsolescence/DMS management mitigation practices.
*This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below*
• Bachelor's in related STEM degree with 5 years of experience; Master's in a related STEM degree with 3 years of experience in logistics support or relevant technical field.
• Bachelor's in related STEM degree with of 7 years of experience; Master's in a related STEM degree with 5 years of experience in logistics support or relevant technical field.
• PC proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office Products, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing directly with internal program office and external customers.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• An understanding of level of repair analysis and life cycle cost modeling is a desired competency.
• Familiarity with logistics tools such as SLICwave, VMetric, COMPASS desired.
• Experience in military maintenance and sustainment support.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.