Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Systems - Travel Req'd
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19007797
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Survivability Engineer who will perform the Low Observable (LO) engineering function working for our Survivability IPT. You will be required to understand LO requirements and plans; coordinate and develop the required tools and materials. You will provide engineering for advanced design and special projects programs that are offering dramatic challenges to low observables / signature management for current and future platforms.
- You will coordinate LO requirements with RCS designers and supportability/maintainability engineers to ensure the system meets LO requirements.
- Performing RCS analysis using tools such as KNOWBELL or Pioneer.
- Developing and integrating antenna and radomes designs
- Integrating Low Observable technologies and design requirements into current and future designs
- Providing engineering oversight to RCS model fabrication
- B.S. degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution along with 5 Years of experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- Active, DoD Interim Top Secret clearance or higher with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP/SAR access
- Willing to travel 50% up to 60 to 90 days at a time
- M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics
- Experience in analytically developing, designing and implementing RCS suppression techniques
- Experience with indoor and/or outdoor RCS testing
- Experience using near field imaging systems
- Experience using RCS data processing software
- Familiarity with analytical EM material models
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay