Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always actwith integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything youdo. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, whilesatisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all peoplewith respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. Youknow how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, andinspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customerrelationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout theorganization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliverexcellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team hasthe information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate ourcommitted pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of ourcustomers. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable valuecreation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
The Engineering and GroundSupport Department (EGS) within Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation(SIT&E) has a need for five Section Managers to be a functionalmanager and contribute technically to programs and other department activities.These section are responsible for Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering,Mechanical Ground Support Equipment and Test Engineering in Redondo Beach CA.These are highly dynamic, interactive positions. You will interact withnumerous stakeholders including program management, systems engineering,flight hardware design engineers and logistical support services.
Outstanding organizational andleadership skills are required to succeed in these roles.
- Staffing support to all spacesystems and space programs.
- Conducting periodicperformance evaluations, including mid-year and annual reviews
- Providing technicalleadership and guidance to the staff
- Managing indirect and capitalneeds
- Professional development andmentoring of direct reports
- Supporting FunctionalHomeroom initiatives and projects which include process improvement,Event Response Teams, Corrective, and Preventive Action implementation
To learn more about our hiringprocess for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best QualifiedManagers”
- Bachelors of Science Degreein a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field.
- Minimum of 5 years relatedAerospace, Mechanical or Systems Engineering experience.
- Prior functional managementor project leadership experience.
- Ability to obtain andmaintain an active SCI Clearance Access.
- An active SCI or SSBIclearance.
- Knowledge of spacecraftsubassemblies and/or integration and test.
- Experience in space systemsand space system production, integration and test.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.