Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Program Manager (Proposal) - Lvl 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Proposal Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated projectmanagement and supply chain management skills. This MPM position will support Bid & Proposal activities acrossthe suite of Northridge, CA programs.
TheProposal MPM is a strong leader withdemonstrated project management and supply chain management skills.
- Manages all SCM cost volume activities, compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Support and lead contracting various tasks including RFP development and proposal evaluation (i.e. cost and price analysis)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate proposal risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Extensive contact with all proposal team members, subcontractors, customers and leadership in concert with the other proposal volume leaders is key to winning new business by meeting strategy, schedule, and compliance requirements
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts, coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings
- Participates in pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Ability to create accurate ROM estimates for management “What if” analysis
- Capable of influencing Senior Leadership, Proposal Leadership, and Proposal Teams to ensure proposals are current, accurate, complete, and reasonable
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Responsible for creating Supply Chain Management labor/material BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- 6 years of experience with Bachelors; 4 years with a Masters.
- Experience in bidding to different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF,T&M)
- Working Knowledge of FAR, DFARs and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals
- Experience working with technical and estimating staff to build and create or update Consolidated Proposal BOMs.
- Experience in proposal analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
- Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Integrated Product Team experience
- Experience leading and supporting prime proposal efforts
- Experience developing, supporting and negotiating learning curve or rate adjusted learning curve based cost estimation techniques.
Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
Generally requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and 4 years related experience
Must be a US Citizen
Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract
Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.