Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HPC Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability staff to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in the need of talent is in HPC Systems Engineering.
As an HPC System Engineer you will perform tasks that include:
• Monitor and report HPC system health/metrics. Identify performance bottlenecks. Modify system wide parameters to improve performance. Evaluate effects of those changes. Gather data and report finding to senior HPC engineers.
• Identify and repair system hardware fault.
• Assist senior HPC System engineers on technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Assist senior HPC System Engineers on managing HPC system life-cycle: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Assist software developers to install, fine-tune, and debug software.
• Manage/Assist technical users running jobs on HPC systems.
• Perform system administrator duties
Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 2 years of engineering experience or Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
Software development experience with C/C /Fortran or Python
Extensive Linux OS knowledge
Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 (Security ) certification
Must have the ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance
Strong software development skills with real time debugging experience using modern SDK's.
Master of Science degree in Computer engineering, computer science, or system engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
Prior experience working with large scale up and scale out computer systems
Prior Linux System kernel experience
Currently hold active Top Secret clearance
Currently hold active DoD 8570 (Security ) Certification
Hands-on experience with swapping/modifying HPC hardware
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.