Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical System Test Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Engineer Systems Test in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Electrical System Test Engineer to support multiple subsystems and test phases. Experience working with Spacecraft Flight Hardware, CAPE procedure develop, automated test sequence development, understanding flight/test database and flight software/stored command sequence impacts, leading table top reviews, and working with system and subsystem engineering to ensure collection of data to support requirements verification.
General duties include: creation of automated test scripts, CAPE procedure authoring, verification/validation of subsystem and system level requirements, cross-team collaboration and support of troubleshooting efforts. Candidate will be expected to interface with customer, Flight Software, Database and Ground Operations teams. Candidate must be flexible with work schedule, able to support weekend work, shift work, travel to off-site locations and be on-call for off nominal situations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus two years of engineering experience; OR Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus 0 years of engineering experience.
Experience using one or more Microsoft Office software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Project.
- Integration and Test experience
- Experience in test set calibration or validation
- Experience in test script development
- Environmental test experience
- Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, Matlab, Excel
- Ability to operate in a large Integration and Test environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.