Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cost Estimating Analyst, El Segundo (No Clearance Required To Start)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At NorthropGrumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionarysystems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, andfor generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains historical cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of experience in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Estimating or 1 year of experience with a Master's Degree
- Knowledge or familiarity of aerospace production operation functions, tasks, and processes
- Must be proficient on MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in Military contracts RFP / Change systems and requirements
- Operations touch labor improvement curve theory and modeling
- Proven presenter to all levels of management and customers
- Experience in presenting technical and theoretical analysis to senior management
- Experienced in negotiations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.