Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Composite Bonder Technician - Level 1
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Composite Bonder Technician - Level 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will bond a variety of dissimilar material assemblies (composite, metal, or laminate), parts, skins, components, equipment or structures into semi-finished or finished products.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Lay out articles, cut parts or materials to size and apply liquid or solid bonding agents.
- Understanding of ply orientations and vacuum bagging processes
- Operate autoclave, hydraulic presses, and ovens to complete bonding cycle
- Control conditions of heat, pressure, and timing by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agent being used
- Sands, burrs and smooth over areas, applying sealing resins to cut or exposed edges
- Monitors and verifies quality of finished product. Completes repairs on composite, metal or laminate bonded products using inspection and rework instructions
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 9 months of composites experience in an aerospace, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR must have a minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA upon completion of Aircraft Fabrication courses OR A&P certificate courses
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment.
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
- Active DOD secret clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.