Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Thirty years ago, the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber took flight, raising the bar not only for aviation but for the future of global power projection. Today, Northrop Grumman continues to raise the bar, achieving world firsts and outpacing our competition. Our employees have unparalleled opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space, impacting people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We want the best and the brightest talent, such as yourself, to join us in that journey. Help us promote and protect the freedom of people and democracies across the globe. Make the impossible possible with your bold new ideas, courage and pioneering spirit. Advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe as we shape the future around a world of cognitive diversity and intellectual curiosity. If you are the kind of person that strives to be at the tip of the spear, driving the future of technology, and shaping the course of history, then consider joining Northrop Grumman.
But don't just come to Northrop Grumman for the impactful, meaningful work—come here because we value our employees and treat them like family. Come here because our employees enjoy an unmatched work-life balance. Come here because it isn't just a job—it's your career, and we want to help you take it to the next level.
Our Aerospace Systems Survivability Department is looking for Operations Analysis / Modeling and Simulation Engineers to help us shape the future of the sector, the company, and our customers. We work in conjunction with Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (Northrop's strategy and business development organization) to evaluate the performance of existing and candidate system designs in representative operational environments. Our work influences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. The Ops Analysis / Modeling and Simulation discipline itself is a mesh of many other fields (e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates across functional disciplines, offering a highly unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
In this role, you will be asked to work in a small team environment to conduct research, develop models, and perform analysis of a wide variety of system types across multiple domains (friendly and adversary; ground, air and space) to drive the development of clean-sheet requirements, refine existing program system requirements, and influence the pursuit of future technologies and capabilities. You will work with air vehicle and subsystem engineers, as well as with program and customer leadership, to recommend candidate designs, as to develop Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) at the system, mission, and campaign levels.
Your responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
- Support system analysis, operations analysis and trade study activities to include military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force-level effectiveness analysis, and military utility analysis
- Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies
- Create and apply knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures to support blue/red kill chains across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms
- Provide blue/red tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects
- Develop and translate blue/red CONOPs and CONEMPs and related tactics into modeled simulation behaviors in mission-level models, such as AFSIM and Suppressor
- Perform mission engineering activities to ensure continuity between desired operational capabilities and delivered system performance, through the Systems Engineering “V”. Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are traded against cost and mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Proficient with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Familiarity with at least one of the following areas:
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Radars, Missiles, IADS, Air and/or Space platforms
- Electronic Warfare
- Low Observables
- IR/EO/Acoustic Modeling/Analysis
- Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, Electronic Countermeasures
- Familiarity with survivability and operational analysis frameworks and models, including but not limited to: AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, STK, BRAWLER
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: MATLAB, Perl, Python, C# or C/C , FORTRAN, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with version control using Git, SVN, Atlassian, or other tools
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development
- Experience with Agile development
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.