Niagara Bottling, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Niagara Bottling, LLC.
At Niagara, we’re looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and executing procurement and strategic sourcing strategies, leading market analysis, and accountable for performance measurements for results delivery for the Supply Chain team. Tasks will include negotiating, developing and managing compliance on program budget, schedule and quality standards, while leading cost savings initiatives. The Category Manager will develop strategic sourcing plans, category management strategies, and will interface with site leaders to understand business needs. The primary focus will be to identify and deliver cost savings opportunities on complex high visibility categories. This role will also analyze processes, identify improvement opportunities, and engineer solutions that meet the company’s objectives of both cost and service.
- Manage and maintain strategic supplier relationships with supplier leadership including involvement in procurement activities for respective categories
- Serves as the Point of Contact (POC) to facilitate the communication between all critical stakeholders within the respective categories during category development, solicitation life-cycle and negotiation
- Manage the competitive solicitation, supplier selection, development of contracts, contract language, and associated terms and conditions to ensure appropriate risk mitigation.
- Lead cross-functional teams to create RFP/RFQ solicitations which include; developing Scope of Work and, Technical and Commercial evaluation criteria.
- Perform detailed analysis of RFP/RFQ responses to maximize value of proposed pricing and cost structures.
- Develop detailed and executable negotiation plans by thoroughly understanding business needs and supplier leverage points
- Lead the development, monitoring, and implementation of supplier scorecards and KPIs to hold suppliers accountable to meeting contractual commitments.
- Assist in vendor qualification process by collaborating and developing positive relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Conduct market and risk analysis to assess the effectiveness of recommended category strategies
- Understand spend trends, cost drivers, market conditions, geographic considerations and critical factors that dictate purchasing strategies for assigned region
- Determine the appropriate buying strategy to maximize the potential value received from suppliers
- Negotiate commercial terms using a principled negotiation approach and partner with legal team to negotiate other terms and conditions to minimize risk
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, and applying business tools (financial, logistical, commercial, risk, and cost analysis) to attain desired results.
- Accountable for delivering on estimated category savings, service level and KPI targets
- Supports existing and forthcoming Distribution & Supply Chain technology applications (ERP, WMS, OTM, YMS, Oracle Cloud)
- Evaluates existing processes and engineers new solutions that incorporate an effective balance between cost and service
- Serves as a project manager in the development of continuous improvement processes to support strategic Supply Chain initiatives
- Travel: 25% -On average travels 1 week out of the month
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice
- 5+ years – Experience in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, 3rd Party Operations or other related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ years – Experience in Procurement, leading RFPs/RFQs, negotiation, category management and leading cross functional teams
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- 7+ years – Years of Experience in Transportation, Logistics Supply Chain, 3rd Party Operations or other related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 7+ years – Experience in Procurement, leading RFPs/RFQs, negotiation, category management and leading cross functional teams
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Creative Thinking: able to think creatively, generating new ideas and approaches to situations.
- Strategic Thinking: able to grasp the big picture and think long-term.
- InnovAct: identifies new opportunities and acts to take advantage of them.
- Quantitative Analysis: skillful in using quantitative analysis to understand and predict business issues.
- Assertiveness: able to defend a point of view and to confront others appropriately when necessary; unafraid to take controversial positions and challenge the conventional wisdom or status quo.
- Project Management: skilled in aligning cross-functional teams towards a common goal
- Find a Way: translates problems into practical solutions.
- Comfort with Risk: takes risks when appropriate, is not afraid to innovate and experiment.
- Organizational Priority: able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization, even though they cause individual people distress. Advocates “Company over Department” approach
- Decisiveness: able to make decisions even in ambiguous situations and without full information.
- Self-Motivation/Time Management: able to determine and prioritize tasks with minimal direction
- Negotiation Skill: skilled in negotiating tactics, effective in utilizing analysis and creative solutions to extract the greatest value for the company.
- Software Skill: advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Office (especially in Excel)
- Merit-orientation and evaluation: judges ideas and people on merit alone, without bias or favoritism.
- Influence: can influence and persuade other people, even without direct authority.
- Political Skill: knows how to get things done within the political framework of an organization.
- Leadership: comfortable with taking a leadership role and delivering results
- Oral Communication: a skillful public speaker, good at presenting ideas and plans in a persuasive manner.
- Written Communication: a good writer; expresses ideas and positions clearly.
- Procurement Skill: Demonstrated experience with procurement contracts and standard terms and conditions.
- Cross Cultural: Able to interact effectively with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Logistics Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain or other related field
- Master's Degree in Industrial or Logistics Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain or other related field
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, PMP or CLTD
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: Elementary Proficiency, Spanish
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Niagara Bottling, LLC has been family owned and operated since 1963. Niagara is a leading bottled water manufacturer in the U.S., supplying major retailers across the nation. With incredible growth over the past several years, the career possibilities at Niagara are endless!
Niagara’s culture is fast-paced, innovative and intensely collaborative. Our Team Members are passionate, driven and always find a way to get the job done. We work hard and play hard while staying true to our family atmosphere.
From competitive benefits and retirement options to educational reimbursements, ongoing training courses and exciting career advancement opportunities, at Niagara we truly take care of our Team Members.
We hope that you consider joining our Niagara family!
Niagara Bottling LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.