Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Systems Implementation Manager in Ontario, CA at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
This Distribution Systems Implementation Manager will be a liaison between the Customer and NFI, responsible for defining warehouse management system (WMS) operational processes WM implementation. This role will lead and support operations in the areas of WMS implementations, live installs, and functional enhancements to installs. This is an operational leadership position that supports the network requiring travel to multiple locations. This role will report to Director / VP Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert on current warehouse operational processes.
- Single point of contact for customer and NFI Leadership on project milestones and delivery dates
- Champion operational system design and configuration:
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Review and assess site/customer specific requirements vs. standard processes to ensure consistency across operations.
- Define and document the operational processes
- Partner with the IT Project Resource(s) to define and document the Solution Design.
- Perform periodic quality audits on project to ensure completeness of design
- Enforce NFI's change management procedures and guidelines.
- Review SOPs developed by the Facility Team and OPs Super User.
- Develop and maintain the test plan and scenarios.
- Assist in facility preparation and identify potential operational changes associated with WMS installation/conversion.
- Assess “go-live” preparedness.
- Lead and support WMS implementation working closely with Customer cross functional implementation team consisting of IT, Eng, PM, training resources. Key functions include:
- Gather business requirements and participate and lead in design sessions. Review, edit and approve solution design documents.
- Build process flow documents in alignment with established solution design (when appropriate)
- Participate in Engineering Gap model analysis.
- Report issues accurately and timely. Work closely with IT and PMs to provide inputs to issues list, and participate in periodic issue review meetings.
- Designated NFI Lead for testing and facility set up
- Support live installs. Key functions include:
- First line of WMS support for NFI site operations across functions such as inbound, outbound, inventory control, reporting and billing.
- Report any technical issues to IT via Help desk. Track and resolve issue working closely with assigned IT resources. Escalate critical issues based on operational impact to operational and IT leadership.
- Gather requirements for any WMS functional and technical enhancements as requested by site operations. Work closely with assigned IT and PM resources to configure, develop, test, train and deploy these enhancements.
- Degree - BA / BS preferred
- 7+ years warehouse system (WMS) experience minimum across inbound, outbound and inventory control, and related reporting and KPIs, yard management and warehouse billing functions.
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access.
- Working knowledge of JDA warehouse and labor management systems
- Knowledge of or willingness/ability to learn analytical tools such as: SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Access, and SAS
- Frequent exposure to warehouse conditions and temperatures.
- Physical labor requirements include ability to lift and install PC and network equipment.
- Travel requirement would be 50-75%
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrate a strong team commitment
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and champion change
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate with a client at all levels
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.