New Century Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Desktop Support
at New Century Health
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
The role of the Supervisor, Desktop Support is to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. Leads team to analyze and resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training where required. Assists the other team members with hardware installations and troubleshooting. Works to create procedures, documentation, and train staff when required. This role will be in a fast paced environment and the candidate is expected to self-sufficient with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for oversight and management for day to day operations of NCH desktop support team and related services/deliverables.
- Assist in training and development of staff, along with related management related duties.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact with vendors and contractors to secure desktop products and services.
- Conduct research on standards in support of securing desktops on the network.
- Administration and maintenance of the organization’s desktop systems.
- Setting up new user account and maintaining Active Directory groups and permissions.
- Administration of security solutions, including desktop firewalls, VPN and anti-virus.
- Ensure desktop connectivity of all connected devices.
- Administration and maintenance of all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Administration of desktop asset management, including related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administration of group policies, end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Assist in performing server and security audits.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all desktop hardware, IP Phones, Cell Phones and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion new employee setups.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Develop, document, and train on desktop hardware installation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Acts with honor and integrity, serving as a role model for the IT department and company.
- Respects and maintains HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all New Century Health offices, departments, and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7, and Windows 10.
- Working technical knowledge of current desktop hardware, and standards, including hardware Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, Office 365, Virtual Machines, and Cloud computing.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot server and PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Working technical knowledge of System Center Ops Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, and System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Able to install and support Office 365.
- Knowledge of applicable HIPPA data privacy practices and laws.
- Clear communication and work organization skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. Degree, preferably in IT or Health Care related degree with a minimum 3 years’ related work experience
or 6 years related experience in Helpdesk management An A , Network , or Security certifications can substitute for 1 year experience.