New Century Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Director - Oncology
at New Century Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1198
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
New Century Health is leading transformative change in specialty care management. By combining medical management expertise with a deep understanding of healthcare informatics, physician management and healthcare technology systems development, we generate insights that drive leading edge and effective innovation. What does this mean to you? It means that when you join us, you will be a key contributor to one the fastest growing healthcare services in the National Oncology and Cardiology care management space today. With your knowledge, skills and abilities, you will impact the delivery of care and directly contribute to our ability to positively impact and meet the critical unmet needs of patients suffering from all types of cancer.
We support our employees with an outstanding benefit package that features programs like employee paid medical benefits, 100% match on your 401k contribution up to 4% of your base salary, generous tuition reimbursement, as well as above average paid time off. If you are interested in working with some of the most dedicated, passionate and smartest people on the planet, express your interest in speaking with us and we will respond immediately.
The Medical Director Oncology - Clinical Operations is responsible for support and assistance for all oncology administrative and clinical utilization management, peer review and quality improvement functions under the auspices of the Chief Medical Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation and maintenance of all clinical program guidelines
- Responsible for Clinical reviews 60% of the week
- Partner with the Leader of Clinical Operations to create and maintain an efficient utilization management process which maximizes quality, value, and ROI
- Has overall responsibility for creating and maintaining oncology clinical pathways
- Chairs the Utilization Management (UM) Committee
- Responsible for performing peer reviews including peer-to-peer conversations
- Responsible for assisting the CMO with clinical strategy
- Work with Quality and Education department to develop training and educational programs for nurses, pharmacists and intake coordinators
- Work with IT to improve clinical operation processes and work flow
- Work with Clinical Analytics to improve reporting and benchmarking
- Assist the head of Clinical Operations and the CMO to continuously improve clinical process
- Assist with oversight of the clinical aspects of client site visits
- Responsible for coordinating with UM staff to ensure timely and accurate communication of clinical decisions
- Support the NCH sales process
- Support Network Operations education processes
- Responsible for maintaining availability to clinical and non-clinical administrative staff during performance of initial and second level screening
- Will work with the Vice President Clinical Operations to ensure client satisfaction
- Perform all peer clinical review activities while located in a state or territory of the United States
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all New Century Health offices, departments, and committees
- Acts with honor and integrity, serving as a role model for the company
- Respect and maintain HIPAA confidentiality guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of recognized medical degree program
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the practice of medical oncology; knowledge of regulatory requirements with at least two years of experience in a regulatory role
- Current, unrestricted clinical license in medicine or required specialty
- If trained after 1980, active Board Certification in Medical Oncology required
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!