Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MId-level Interior Designer
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Los Angeles in a Mid-level Interior Designer role.
The mid-level Interior Designer will work on large and complex international and domestic projects.
Your New Role:
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments
- Proactive team involvement and willingness to participate in ideation at all levels - be engaged!
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Design and documentation support on projects of various sizes and complexities
- Provide millwork drawings and details to meet various and specific program requirements while also representing an overall design concept
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections for construction
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Produce contract documents
- Develop and implement overall design concepts and finish palettes through all phases of design
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish material samples
What you will need to Succeed:
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience in Interior Design
- Bachelor's Degree Interior Design or Interior Architecture; BFA or MFA desired
- On the path to licensure desired;
- LEED accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design including tenant improvement design, space planning, programming, color and material selection, FF&E and vendor and contractor management
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Previous experience working on complex Healthcare projects in all phases of design
- Strong verbal, written, listening and graphic communication skills
- Effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
- Proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch-up, Rhino or 3DS Max
- Experience with interior documentation and detailing, casework detailing and modeling
- Creation of presentation books and materials
- Experience with researching, selecting and specifying materials and finishes
- Experience with furniture selection and specification
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
***Please submit examples of design work
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer