Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mosaic Hotel
- Job ID
- Work City
- San Diego
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Zip
The Business Manager works closely with the Regional Manager, ADW vendors and Costco's personnel to increase sales. Under the direction of the Regional Manager, he the Business Manager executes the mutual business goals of ADW and assigned clients through aggressive selling, market research and new business development.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of vendors’ products, programs, and issues, communicates potential opportunities to gain new business with Costco. Become an expert; constantly expand product, vendor, and category and industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the buyer (s) goal and Region goals and objectives for supplier and effectively communicates and shares ADW information resources to buyer (s). Develop a business strategy parallel to the Buyer’s strategy for the category.
- Aggressively pursue new business opportunities with New and Current Vendors. Participates in trade shows. Develop new and innovative items for Costco in partnership with existing vendors.
- Work cooperatively with manager and peers in adhering to ADW’s business goals, development and account management protocols.
- Works with existing clients on packaging, pricing, formulation and new item trends to develop items specifically for Costco.
- Conducts sample cuttings in accordance with food safety standards and consistent with client expectations.
- Consult vendors on plant audits and inspections to ensure compliance with Costco food safety and social responsibility standards.
- Maximize vendor’s potential with Costco.
- Provide the Costco Buyers with up-to-date market trends and industry information.
- Management of Demo and Endcap monies or other marketing opportunities, activity and analyses for best results.
- Actively communicates to other regional peer’s knowledge, vendor challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Protect and secure all confidential and proprietary information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree
- Prefer Bilingual - Spanish / English
- 5+ years of direct selling experience, preferably calling on Costco buyers.
- Mexico import / export experience in foods and nonfoods categories a plus.
- Project Management experiences a plus.
- Sales skills to include understanding the sales process, contract paperwork, and client promotion systems.
- Presentation skills to include preparation, delivery and handling questions.
- Negotiation skills to include strategy development and tactical technique.
- Marketing/Analytical skills to include accessing and interpreting IRI/AC Nielson data, post-promotion analysis and category management.
- Ability to create profit and volume strategies, and understand financial statements.
- Logistics skills to include knowledge of order processing, inventory tracking, client and customer distribution methods.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.