Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MGA Entertainment
Title: Contracts Administrator
Mission: Under general Legal Department, this position supports MGA Entertainment’s legal and business functions by assisting with document preparation and transactional contract review, administration, and maintenance of in-house contract management databases, and other specific legal needs of the business units, in an interesting, fast-paced environment.
1. Contracts Administration 40%
2. Manage Informational Data Bases for Legal 20%
3. Correspondence Across all Levels 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Paralegal certification and/or substantial legal experience.
- Experience reading, updating and interpreting contract language.
- Prior experience in the law firm or in-house legal environment.
- Excellent data management skills and proof-reading ability.
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications.
Authority: Reports to in-house Attorney staff
1) Handling Finalization and Management of Agreements and Data:
a) Prepares, administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Conducts proposal preparation, drafts agreements and handles client contact activities to provide for proper contract preparation and execution in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and third party specifications.
b) Assist Legal Department in building and maintaining a centralized database of certain contracts and monitoring performance obligations under such contracts.
c) Review current contract systems and processes and recommend improvements in order to streamline processes and improve functionality.
2) Correspondence Across all Levels
a) Collaborate on legal matters in areas of responsibility with attorneys, business people, and outside counsel.
b) Prepare confidential contractual documents and correspondence.