Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Counselor - Pool/Per Diem (Palm Springs)
at RI International
- Assist individuals in developing natural supports and community living by learning multiple roles (friend, spouse, employee, student, etc.) so a greater sense of identity is established.
- Ability to teach/train recovery information and recovery tools.
- Support residents developing the skills needed to care for their home environment and taking ownership of household responsibilities (i.e. Meal preparation, cleaning etc.)
- Model personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness via telling of their recovery story, how needs are respectfully met, and how a belief in themselves is maintained.
- Coordinates with the person’s clinical team and other supports to arrange services or resources to help achieve their goals.
- Cultivate connectedness in the persons life (self, others, the environment, and to meaning and purpose).
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Successfully completed Peer Employment Training Course required.
- Successful completion/passing of pre-employment drug screen and TB test
- Must successfully pass pre-employment background process
- Must obtain CPR/FA certification
Works in general office environment and behavioral health clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event of agitated consumers. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours and travel throughout geographic region.
Works in a general office environment with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.