Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Supervisor
at Menzies Aviation plc
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Selects and tests fuel/additive products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, following statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Upholds the Company’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Reports all accidents and injuries and investigate ways to prevent reoccurrence
- Is able to meet the Station’s attendance standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Mail, Excel and other general computer applications.
- Strong oral and written communicator.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Continually lift move/push 70lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug and color vision test
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors, must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass driver’s test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver’s license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).
- Must pass FBI background check and obtain US Customs seal.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree (A. A.) or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, and interpret FAA documentation, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and other procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
FAA Certification. Possess/maintain a valid driver’s license and other FAA/Airport required identification/seals or authorizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.