Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fueling- GSE Mechanic
at Menzies Aviation plc
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2fdec38a-b850-4fe3-8717-9d974d577c33
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
- Transports the vehicle(s) to be repaired by driving, towing or pushing vehicle into service bay.
- Vehicles may consist of hydrant fuel trucks and fuelling tankers
- Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts.
- Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic systems and heavy electric troubleshooting.
- Obtains replacement parts, installing and/or making repairs as required.
- Repairs may require rebuilding as assemblies, systems, etc.
- Confers with Lead mechanic/Manager to follow up on daily and PM procedures.
- Completes work orders and provides status on any "open" work orders.
- Additional duties may include changing batteries, tires, oil, and other minor repairs.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Must have knowledge of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex hydraulic and electrical systems required.
- Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
- Clean driving record, with DMV certified copy.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing, including drug testing.
- Capable of lifting comfortably 70 lbs.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass an FBI background check and obtain a custom seal;
- Must pass driver’s test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver’s license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA);
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a class A driver license with hazmat and tanker endorsement