Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Menzies Aviation plc
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 97f78f74-df1b-4151-a803-93b65b31f5bf
Categories: Transportation/Supply Chain/Logistics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines manifest, bills of lading and air waybill to determine work procedures for reason cargo.
- Notifies consignee or representative concerning arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance rudiments and tonnage shipments.
- Make cash transactions, collects payments from customers for freight prior to release.
- Authorizes final approval for cargo release.
- Prepares invoices for charges, airline clients and management regarding freight.
- Works with government agencies to clear shipments for import.
- Meets flights in order to exchange documents.
- Recognizes dangerous goods upon receiving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience;
- Must have current driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years;
- Certification in dangerous goods awareness/acceptance;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass an FBI background check and obtain a custom seal;
- Must pass driver’s test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver’s license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA);
- Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds on a continuous basis;
- Must pass pre-employment medical;
Must pass a drug test