Medix Staffing Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Research Nurse
at Medix Staffing Solutions
IMMEDIATE NEED! Seeking a Registered Nurses with research nursing experience. Details are listed below.
- 2-3 years minimum Acute Care Experience: ICU, Telemetry, Step Down, Infusion Center
- Prior research experience: understand how to read research protocols, documenting adverse events, communicating with PI and study team, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
Under minimal supervision, the Research Nurse Coordinator has primary responsibility for all activities associated with clinical study coordination, including subject recruitment/enrollment, study coordination, data management/integrity, grant expenditure adherence, regulatory compliance, project/study evaluation and subject interfacing.
The Research Nurse Coordinator handles the clinical logistics of the study, working in tandem with the Research and/or Clinical Nurse who work to provide hands-on clinical care to the research subject. Incumbents in this role lean heavily upon their clinical nursing background to serve as liaisons between nursing staff, the Principal Investigator, other research staff and the study participant.
This position also assists with the education of junior staff, and has general oversight of research portfolio as it pertains to the clinical coordination of the studies.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Provides educational services to research participants and family regarding study participation, participants current clinical condition, and or disease process
- Assesses/documents adverse events as reported by research participants, works closely with PI to document according to department process (grade, attribution, treatment, etc), reports to regulatory and sponsor as required
- Records research data where assessed or reported by patient (ie. symptoms of treatment)
- Participates in the query and analysis of research data
- Facilitates the education of the interdisciplinary team on study requirements
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to create and communicate a plan of care that allows for safe and effective collection of clinical research data.
- Coordinates research participant study visits.
- Triages patient by phone and provides clinical information to the patient.
- Recruits of study participants and/or oversees the recruitment of study patients.
- Completes and documents study participant enrollment, assessment/reassessment, education, and follow-up activities and/or has oversight of the research activity.
- Coordinates study participant interventions as required and/or has oversight of the research activity.
- Serves as a liaison between study participant and PI, Clinical Research Nurse and other research staff.
- Prepares data spreadsheets for Investigator and/or department.
- Prepares and updates investigation binder.
- Completes Case Report Forms.
- May prepare IRB submissions.
- Assists with data compilation.
- May assist with grant proposals, publication preparation, and presentations.
- May coordinate grant activities post award through closure (monitoring budgets, compliance, progress reports).
- Assists with the education of junior-level staff.
- Has general oversight of research portfolio as it pertains to the clinical coordination of the studies.
- May process, ship, track or otherwise handle research specimens
BSN and AHA BLS required.
RN license required.Reference number: 91039