Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Staff RF/MS IC Design Engineer
Join MaxLinear and you will work closely with a world-class team of IC designers to design high-performance ICs with RF, analog, mixed-signal and digital systems integrated on a single chip. We are seeking new MS/Ph.D. grads and experienced RF/MS IC design engineers.
The team drives architecture, design, implementation, and verification of RF/mixed-signal systems that include circuit blocks such as PLLs, DLLs, VCOs, ADCs, DACs, Equalizers, Clock recovery, LNAs, Mixers, PAs.
- Design and implementation of relevant circuit blocks
- Analyze the effects of non-idealities on circuit performance
- Collaborate with system engineers to optimize circuit designs and system specification trade-offs
- Characterize and debug relevant blocks in silicon
- Report the results of IC design, analysis and evaluation
- Strong background in RF/Mixed-Signal circuits for wireless or wire-line communication
- Solid understanding of CMOS process and device physics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- BSEE + 7 years of experience, MSEE + 5 years of experience or Ph.D. + 2 years of experience
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.