Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
[ENGINEERING] Senior Algorithm Engineer
at Masimo Corporation
Job Code Posting:
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
As an Algorithm Engineer, you will create new non-invasive measurements, enable measurement technologies to be applied to new applications, and facilitate the design and creation of next generation medical devices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for algorithm design, development, implementation, testing, and documentation for Biomedical Signal Processing systems.
- Perform data collection, analysis, and estimation techniques.
- Will have interaction with team members, including hardware and software engineers.
- Perform signal processing, optimization, numerical modelling and working with C, C++, and MATLAB.
- Create and conduct experiments for collecting and processing clinical studies in human subjects.
- Develop algorithms for photometric processing of physiological parameters. Implement physiological parameter measurement algorithms on embedded systems.
- Carry out statistical analysis of clinical data.
- Engage in Algorithm development for advanced signal processing technologies and numerical algorithm implementation; develop algorithms of co-efficient for photometric processing of physiological parameters.
- Engage in bio-medical tissue optics characterization. Perform statistical analysis of clinical data.
Technical Requirements and Skills
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- 5 plus years’ experience in statistical signal processing techniques, optimization methods and numerical modeling.
- Expertise in data analysis and data mining.
- Exposure to electro-magnetics, optics , acoustics and other related fields of physics will be a plus.
- Familiarity with DSP architecture and embedded systems.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++/Matlab and exposure to software engineering methods.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to DSP Programming will be a plus.
- Understanding of human physiology and exposure to designing clinical protocols will be a plus.
- Prior experience in applications of signal processing tools to bio-medical signals will be a plus.
Master’s or Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including three weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!