Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
[ENGINEERING] Engineer, Human Factors
at Masimo Corporation
Job Code Posting:
Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
MASIMO IS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER.
The Human Factors Engineer will join Masimo’s new HF team which is responsible for applying human factors engineering methods throughout the design and development process for medical products. Responsibilities include planning and conducting usability evaluations, identifying usability related risks, and creating the necessary reports and summaries for these studies. Projects include patient wearable sensors, instruments, user interface, user instructions, and accessories.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Author, review and edit study protocols and study reports, research summaries, usability requirements, and design control documentation.
- Perform task analysis, usability related risk analyses, UI evaluations, and provide design recommendations.
- Conduct user inquiries, user studies, data gathering, and data analysis.
- Assist in activities such as developing user needs and requirements documentation, presenting research results and advising development teams and engineering management.
- Work cross-functionally with mechanical and software engineers, industrial design and marketing staff to incorporate user-centered design practices in product development.
- Participation in drafting pertinent sections of Regulatory Filings, as directed.
- 5 years of experience working in human factors capacity in medical/military devices or consumer products is required.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a high paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong qualitative research skills.
- Excellent understanding of applicable HFE/UE industry standards (IEC 62366, FDA, HE75).
- Experience working with Industrial Design and engineering development teams.
- Experience in device development engineering in a medical device, or other regulated environment or related field.
- Experience creating workflows, site/app maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, wireframing tools, and image/video/audio editing.
- BS/BA degree in Human Factors, or associated field.
- Master’s or advanced degree is preferred.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
- This position primarily works in an office environment with significant warehouse interface. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the warehouse facilities. Some local or long distance travel may be necessary. A valid drivers license is required.
- The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including three weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!