Long Beach Transit
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Money Room
at Long Beach Transit
- Finance and Budgeting - Money Rooom Supervisor
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, reporting to the Revenue Supervisor, the Money Room Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Agency’s money room, including monitoring equipment contracts and armored car service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the daily counting and deposit of all fare revenues collected by the Agency at two money room locations
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of all reports and deposit paperwork generated in the money room
- Supervises the Transit Fare Counters and prepares daily work schedules which includes the preparation of time card attendance records and training
- Makes recommendations for the recruitment, selection, and hiring of Transit Fare Counters
- Evaluates individual performance, prepares and conducts performance reviews, counsels employees and administers disciplinary action
- Oversees the contract for transporting, processing and depositing bus fare collections, including monitoring contractor performance for compliance with contract terms, making scheduling changes as needed, and monitoring the accuracy and timeliness of all deposits
- Maintains pass inventory, including placing pass stock orders, ensuring adequate amount of passes are available upon demand, transfer inventory to retail pass selection as needed and conducts periodic inventory counts
- Performs cash box audits
- Arranges work area in accordance with 5S to optimize performance, comfort, safety, and cleanliness
- Reports farebox equipment problems to the Revenue Analyst and assists in the resolution process
- Maintains cash box and fare box inventories and conducts inventory reconciliation
- Coordinates the daily pick-up of revenue at various company locations by the armored car service.
- Oversees the armored car contract and monthly billings
- Oversees the maintenance contracts for all counting equipment and prepares all new equipment procurement specifications
- Responsible for all security and safety processes and procedures surrounding the money room operations and equipment, including safe
- Ensures that the coin machine at the Transit and Visitor Information Center is adequately stocked and maintained as well as other revenue counting equipment at that location
- Distributes fare media to specific group vendors and performs media pick up and deliveries as necessary
- Handles the Finance Department's file storage inventory located both on and off-site
- Ensures boxes are labeled correctly and are maintained in accordance with the Agency’s record retention policy
- Takes action to correct and/or report unsafe conditions or actions to the Safety Officer; insures that personal protective equipment is worn when necessary; investigates and reports all accidents and incidents, and issues warnings per disciplinary procedures for violations of company safety and health procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILL SETS:Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Possess integrity and be trust worthy
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and achievement driven
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task
- Excellent collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to interact cooperatively with diverse groups/populations, across various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds, using tact and discretion
- Embrace inclusion and diversity
- Be open to new ideas and continuous improvement
- Approach change as an opportunity and positively looks for ways to explore solutions
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of:
- Accounting practices, procedures, and principles
- Principles and practices of supervision, training, and administration
- Automated accounting systems, personal computer operation and related software
- Record-keeping methods and systems
- Effective communication skills and techniques required for gathering, evaluating, preparing, and transmitting information
- 5S system of steps and procedures to arrange work area
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Long Beach Transit (LBT) provides reasonable accommodation to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
- Ability to fulfill the physical demands of the job such as walking, stooping, sitting, bending, reaching for overhead files, and occasional lifting
- Duties will be performed primarily in a warehouse/office environment and will require local travel to external locations and agencies
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferred. Supplemental education or training in business, finance, transportation, or other related areas desired. Minimum of five years of work experience with at least two years of progressive responsibility in cash handling as a lead person with knowledge of basic labor laws and regulations.
Experience in processing large volumes of currency in a secure environment. Must be able to perform heavy lifting, have a valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Upon Request, a DMV K-4 printout is required with application (must be current within the 30 days of the printout).
Apply online at ridelbt.com/careers. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.
Hiring Rate: $56,617.49
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass company physical, drug and alcohol test.
Long Beach Transit 1963 E. Anaheim Street, Long Beach, California 90813