Long Beach City College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Faculty Pool - Sign Language
at Long Beach City College
Pay: $54.11 to $79.11/hour
$54.11 - $79.11
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2098874
Categories: Education - Faculty
Overall Job Objective
- The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. Part-time faculty positions are as needed positions and do not accrue rights to tenure. Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the discipline OR
- An associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline OR
- Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline, OR
- Meet equivalent qualifications established by the District, AND
- Evidence of demonstrated cultural competency and enthusiasm in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities (physical and/or learning), as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
- Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
- Expertise in field of course(s) to be taught.
- Additional Information
- SALARY:Salary is commensurate with academic preparation.Interested Qualified Candidates must submit:
- Long Beach Community College District Application
- Current Resume
- Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division, and graduate level college/university course work (Attachment)
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by a member of NACES (National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services), such as the International Educational Research Foundation, Inc., Credentials Evaluation Service.
LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4372.