Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Database Developer-Administrator
at LoanMe, Inc.
- Information Technology
- IT [IT]
Sr. Database Developer/Adminstrator
LoanMe Inc. is seeking a Database Developer/Administrator with 5+ Years of design and development and administrative support skills and experience who applied database technologies to solve business problems. You will be working with developers and other IT and business teams to develop database solutions, support applications and projects. In this role, you will be responsible for Database development and administration; design, development and performance.
The ideal candidate will be a successful technician, a strong problem solver and creative innovator. You will possess initiative and enjoy working in a dynamic business environment with the ability to define and develop outstanding solutions for business departments dependent upon critical information in all aspects of our business. You will be responsible for developing and building technical solutions for analysis, risk assessment, forecasting, and database driven application for business operations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to develop and support databases. Ability to translate business requirement into technical requirements and work with application developers to deliver results.
- Supports multiple projects, understands capacity of team and responsible for deliveries from his/her team.
- Designs, develops, and implements complex database systems, tools, and applications
- Writes queries and stored procedures, uses data modeling tools, designs and optimizes databases, or implements at the physical level
- Develops and documents executable code according to functional and technical specifications using structured development methodologies and defined standards.
- Shares best practices with team members and provide technical leadership.
- Assists in the development of project and test plans by providing reliable development estimates.
- Leverages skills to optimize database performance.
About LoanMe Inc.
LoanMe Inc. is a financial services company driven to remain at the forefront of innovative technology. Combined with our dynamic team of experts we use our superior knowledge to do what is right for our customers & employees alike.
We collaborate to accomplish our goals, supporting innovation and individual style while working as a team in a fast paced exciting business environment. LoanMe.com IT team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in recognizing each person’s unique contributions and create opportunities for continuous achievement.
The Sr. Database Developer/Administrator will develop and support new database systems for core applications providing critical data for decisions real-time in the Lead Management and Loan Origination systems; work with various business departments in defining information requirements and develop databases supporting BI reports/dashboards that enables meaningful and comprehensive forecasts and other critical operational business needs. The position is interesting and unique as it combines architecture, development, and support. Databases may be stand-alone for analysis or a critical component of database driven applications. The position will provide proper maintenance, security and efficiency in the custom systems. Many projects include the analysis of complex business processes and must be implemented as sophisticated workflow requirements. Projects typically include external services and database driven applications/systems interfacing with Salesforce. In this role, you will interface with individuals and teams across several departments within IT and the business areas. It is a technical and results-driven role that is critical for driving the company’s growth and customer experience.
Incumbent will have skills to communicate effectively with IT departments and business users, analyze and document system design and security requirements, document system interfaces, data flow diagrams and business rules within the system.
- Effectively translates use cases and requirements into data models and database/date warehouse system enhancements. Build a data pipeline with streaming/micro batch or batch processing.
- Technical expertise and hands on experience developing data transformation and ETL development as required, data warehouse development and support. Experience with large/massive ETL packages and stored procedures. Design, maintain ETL solution.
- Expertise working with various business departments to develop and support business intelligence reporting requirements, resolve database related issues, performance concerns, and develop ongoing enhancements.
- Develop immediate resolutions to complex problems creatively, make decisions in trouble shooting and maintenance related issues to minimize business disruption.
- Responsible for developing, testing, and integrating code for new or existing databases and providing production support and custom solutions leveraging best practices.
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality, and tuning for performance.
- Providing support to developers and interfacing with business users to ensure the database is satisfying technical and business requirements
- Tasks include documenting systems design and key functions, participating in integrating testing and working with third party services and integrated web services, supporting implementation from initial stages through production release.
- Designing/Developing data repositories and supporting in the AWS cloud platform.
- Collaborate with other IT team members in development, and production systems support. Work with key individuals to identify, prioritize, manage and track outstanding development tasks.
- Build and refine the infrastructure, data architecture, data models, and integration architecture while also ensuring the solutions supports user-driver, self-service analytics.
- Design and develop tools to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning (future), data-mining and predictive simulations (future).
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP and unstructured data services.
- Design, evaluate and optimize database structures (tables, views, and functions) while developing methods / scripts for monitoring database capacity, usage and performance.
- Works in a team environment to design, implement, extend, and maintain both internal applications as well as customer facing web services.
- Experience with BI tools highly desirable as you will work closely with power user groups to define, build and support BI reporting and dashboards.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of working level experience in ETL, design, development, and support experience. Solid understanding of database design and best practices.
- Experience with star/snow-flake schema, SCDs and de-normalized operations.
- Strong DDL and DML (Pl/SQL and Postgres) skills with stored procedures, functions and views.
- Experience with Snowflake in AWS.
- 5+ years of working experience on Microsoft SQL database and related technologies Knowledge of major enterprise database programs, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle is required; professional certifications such as Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDA). SQL Server, as well as Microsoft’s Business Intelligence Suite of reporting services).
- 3+ years of relational database design experience usage Microsoft SQL. Advanced knowledge and experience in relational database concepts and basic SQL algorithms. Working level knowledge of coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers.
- 2-3 years’ working level knowledge and experience with Oracle. Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (ODACP) are a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in Kafha/Kinesis/Glue with Python programming.
- Knowledge of architecture in Cloud Platforms (AWS experience preferred); design high performance ETL processes for handling of data to/from the Data repositories to Data Warehouse.
- Professional skills: Problem solving, SQL programming, Systems Analysis and Design, Program Analysis and Design; ETL performance and some Database management.
- Advanced understanding of database performance and constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, and reading query execution plan.
- Experienced in designing and developing databases that support high data utilization, comprehensive analytical functions, concurrent users, with superb system performance
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems
- Experience in working with large/medium size applications.
- Very strong understanding of: Indexes and keys (Primary, foreign, constraints, clustered, simple, pros / cons), views, stored procedures, functions, security, transactions, normalization / de-normalization, bulk operations, SSIS, triggers, temp tables
- Strong knowledge of system development life cycle processes. Experience working in Agile Method development required.
- Ability to analyze and recommend new technologies and streamline existing and new applications.
- Ability to take immediate ownership of unanticipated scenarios and quickly develop ad hoc solutions when necessary. Analytical thinking and adept at problem solving.
- Familiarity with BI/reporting tools, SQL, Cognos, Tableau, Salesforce integrations preferred.
- Experience developing databases interfacing with web services and Salesforce. Knowledge of .NET/C# and web application development a plus.
- Experience working with source control systems such as Bit bucket, Jira, and TFS in a team environment. Knowledge of Dev/Ops model required.
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues; thorough and broad analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in working in financial services, loan and sales operational data is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
LoanMe Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability